Thursday, August 18, 2011

Release Your Inner Light

Release Your Inner Light
9 x 12
Acrylic and Paper

I really like this new piece.  I wanted to do something that had a bit more darkness and a night time feel.  I have these funky papers that really help showcase the mood I was trying to evoke.  I like how the patterns play with the light.  

Lightning bugs have such a magical quality.  I have fond memories of playing outside my childhood home in the twilight hours on warm summer nights and catching these luminescent creatures.  I have not seen them in a while and miss their wonderful, magical light.

1 comment:

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Lightning bugs bring back such pleasant memories. When I was a kid, we'd catch them and wear them as rings and bracelets. Haven't seen one in years.