Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Illustrator Contest



Artist and illustrator Holli Conger has been an inspiration to me for years. She is an extremely talented artist, intelligent businesswoman and mom. Because she is such a great person who really wants to help people like me struggling in the illustration maket she is having an awesome contest. She is giving away a 3-month illustration marketing consultation.

This would be an absolutely amazing opportunity for me. I really want to win, so put out the positive vibes for me.

I have been pursuing my passion to become a professional illustrator and have had no success on my own. No interest for publishers, agents, etc. Nothing has clicked yet. I have even been considering self publishing just so that I can see my artwork on something tangible. Juggling motherhood, creating art, marketing myself and getting rejections is getting very discouraging and frustrating. I know there is a place for my style of art I just can’t seem to find it or anyone willing to take a chance on me.

I love to create and it is really important to me that my daughter can see one day that mommy is a working artist…. that it can be done.

Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Andi Lia said...

I wish you luck Bridget, you're such a talented artist and I always admire your work :)