Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Flower Headbands



I have seen these headbands in various baby/kids stores and online and I have always thought that they were really cute. They dress up a baby or toddler's head and are especially helpful for adorning the noggins of those who are follically challenged.

I am the type of person that always says, "I can MAKE that!!!" and then I try. I'm not going to sugar coat it. There have been those projects that have been complete failures ending in an exhausted, frustrated money wasting experience filled with blood, sweat and tears. Others have been wonderful, creative adventures resulting in cherished treasures that decorate the nooks in my artistic home.

Successes:
  • Tie Dress
  • Flower Hair Clips
  • Light Bulb Ornaments
  • Patchwork Purse

Failures:
  • Dried Flower Hangings
  • (DON'T ASK!!!)
  • Handmade Table
  • Footstool with Shoes

Unfinished:
  • Patchwork Owl
  • Scrapbooks
  • Children's Books
  • Painting Ideas

Some things I have learned to leave to the professionals. But, being a true artist and crafter most of the time I jump into new projects with such a force that there is just no stopping me.

The headbands I think came out really well. Paired with a sweet summer dress they are adorable. I love them even if the intended wearer is still on the fence.

No comments: